CHANGING THE FACE OF TOMORROW’S BUSINESS, STARTING TODAY
Kizad’s overriding aim is to support the diversification of Abu Dhabi’s industrial base in line with the provisions of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
Kizad’s Clusters of Excellence
Kizad’s overriding aim is to support the diversification of Abu Dhabi’s industrial base in line with the provisions of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030. Accordingly the industries targeted by Kizad are among those highlighted by the Economic Vision as the primary and enabling industries required to drive the nation forward. These include:
- Engineered Metal Products
- Petrochemicals and Chemicals
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Equipment
- Paper, Print and Packaging
- Trade and Logistics
- Mixed Use and others
While not all of these industries will be housed in true vertically integrated clusters each is expected to contribute significantly to Kizad’s success.
Industry Value Chain
Vertically integrated clustering offers a number of important benefits. Each cluster is focused on a key primary industry, with a number of related midstream and downstream processes located close by. Other suppliers and service companies serving each stage of the value chain will also be encouraged to establish operations in the cluster. Value is created throughout the industry value chain as follows:
- Anchor tenants produce basic materials
- Mid-stream producers nearby take the basic materials as feedstock and produce value-added products
- Downstream producers also nearby in the cluster produce finished goods using the added value products
- Specialist companies providing services and goods to support the companies in the value chain are located close by.
Emal and the Aluminium Cluster
As an example, the Aluminium Cluster is anchored by Emirates Aluminium (Emal), and will provide their feedstock to a number of users who will add value in the form of casting or forging processes. These in turn will supply tertiary companies with components for further finishing and incorporation into finished products that will then go to the warehousing and logistics businesses for distribution and export. The proximity the cluster brings allows the establishment of Kizad’s Hot Metal Road - a specially constructed roadway that enables the transport and delivery of aluminium in molten form, saving downstream manufacturers the considerable cost of re-melting ingots.